RDC Urban Office
Los Angeles, CA | Interiors | Long Beach
Client: RDC-S111, Inc.
Size: 35,000 SF
Repurposing a former Nordstrom Rack, RDC designed their new office to create an invigorating yet functional environment that befits the firm’s culture. The design removes all but one private office, dedicated to human resources, crafting a space for teams to share a collaborative, creative, open space. Scattered amid the office are break-out rooms that act as collaborative pods for meetings. A mezzanine wraps the perimeter of the interior space, creating a “bridgewalk” overlook with lounges, workspaces and pin-up zones. The entire space is programmed with elements including: hospitality kitchen, open work clusters, idea lounges, flex offices, a community room, material library, shower and lockers, and outdoor patios.
- Lumen West Award of Merit “Interior Lighting Design”, 2018
- German Design Council Award – Interior Renovation, 2018
- Architecture MasterPrize Honorable Mention, 2018
- Architizer A+ Award Finalist, Commercial Office Interiors, 2018
- Architizer A+ Award Finalist, Co-working Space, 2018
- 48th Annual LA Business Council Architectural Awards, Interior Design, 2018
- Downtown Long Beach Spirit of Downtown Award, 2018
- Gold Nugget Merit Award “Best Interior Renovation”, 2018
- IES International Award of Merit “Interior Lighting Design”, 2018
- IES International Award of Merit “Office Energy and Environmental Design”, 2018
- Lumen West Award of Excellence “Energy and Environmental”, 2018
- IDA Gold Design Award, Urban Design, 2018
- IDA Silver Design Award, Renovation, 2018
- IIDA Calibre Interior Design Award, Medium Office, 2018
- FRAME Design Awards, Honoree- Co-working Space of The Year, 2018
- SCDF, Interior Architecture Design Award, 2018
- USGBC Sustainable Innovation- Health & Wellness, 2017
- LEED Platinum, 2017
- WELL Gold Certified, 2017
- Honorable Mention, Architects Newspaper Best of Design Awards ‘Workplace- Interior’, 2017
- USGBC Project of the Year, 2017
- AIA Long Beach/South Bay Design Award, 2017
- Honoree “Firm’s Own Office” Interior Design Magazine, Best of the Year Awards, 2017
The adaptive-reuse project also highlights RDC’s commitment to environmentally sustainable and responsible design practices. Numerous sustainability strategies have been integrated into the design, such as the innovative use of natural daylight and ventilation, lighting controls for energy conservation, low water consumption, smart material selection and an indoor/outdoor garden. The project is LEED Platinum and WELL Gold certified. feel.
Erewhon is a premier brand. Each store has unique characteristics, expressing the brand, and serving as a contemporary environment that offers high-quality natural foods and products so that customers can lead their best possible lives.