3D Laser Scanning
3D laser scanners use LiDAR (light detection and ranging) to measure and record precise locations and distances, ultimately producing a point cloud file. The technology enables you to produce highly accurate digital measurements and images quickly and easily for use in design and construction projects. 3D laser scanning is a revolutionary tool to document existing conditions. It has become an invaluable tool in the architectural process.
What are the benefits of 3D Laser Scanning?
- Fast – A single laser scanner can capture up to a million 3D data points per second, providing incredibly accurate and rich detail of every aspect of your project.
- Accurate – Individual measurements acquired by tape measures or hand-held devices are subject to errors. Laser scanning is the most accurate form of measurement available, delivering high accuracy.
- Reduce costs and change orders – Incorporating a laser scan into the design of your project assures accurate and complete information, avoiding many costs of equipment rental, manual measurement, clashes, change orders, not to mention project delays and headaches.
- Answers unanticipated questions – How many times have you left the job site only to discover you need a few more measurements? A 3D BIM scanning will capture extra data, eliminating the need to return to the project to answer unanticipated questions.
- Minimize shut-down times – Laser scanning is quick, safe and non-intrusive – eliminating or minimizing operational shutdowns and client inconvenience.
- 3D scanning can obtain measurements in hard-to-reach areas
To schedule a meeting with one of our project managers contact:
- As built
- Construction verification
- Design, facility upgrades, and expansion
- Clash detection
- Architectural documentation or historical preservation
- Calculating areas, deformation analysis and overhead clearances
- Virtual design and construction
- Laser scanning for facility coordination
- Easily visualize and analyze data in a single 3D model
What do you get out of our scanning services?
- Our team works with each client to understand their project scope. Providing innovative, time sensitive, and cost-effective solutions.
- Highly trained project managers 3D laser scan each site, capturing the visible dimensions and locations of architectural, structural and MEP features.
- Scans are registered and processed into a sitewide point cloud.
- From the point cloud 2D, 3D, 360 photos, and VR requested deliverables are created. Quality is inspected by our team of in-house technicians.
- Deliverables are processes for easy viewing and usage.
- Final review meeting is coordinated.